Summer Co-op Coordinator: Susen Dupuis
Who is eligible to enroll?
All current grade 11 and 12 LKDSB students.
What is the priority of acceptance?
Due to the limited capacity in the summer co-op
program, spots will be prioritized and allocated in the following manner:
- Grade 11 or 12 age students who require credits to get back on track for graduation. Students must have a placement arranged already.
- SHSM College/University bound students entering Grade 12 whose regular timetable cannot accommodate a two-period co-operative education placement; or, a graduate who is not returning but still needs two co-op credits to complete the SHSM requirements.
- All other senior LKDSB students wishing to obtain co-op credits during the summer months.
How to apply?
- Complete the application form and return it to your Guidance Department by
- The Student Services Department will submit the completed applications for all school-approved applicants to the LKDSB Summer Co-op Coordinator.
How does the program work?
- Students are responsible for arranging their own placement, which will be reviewed and approved by the Co-operative Education Teacher. The Employer must be agreeable to having teachers monitor the student at the placement.
- All employer supervisors must agree to teacher monitoring visits and evaluations for the placement.
- If the student is part of the SHSM program, the placement must be related to the SHSM sector in which the student is enrolled.
- Students must complete the application and have it approved by the home school.
- Students will use Brightspace, myBlueprint, MTEL and other online forums to complete mandatory preplacement activities. Teachers will contact students the week of June 20th. Pre-placement will begin mid-June online and must be completed by Thursday, June 30th. Pre-placement activities take approximately 25 hours.
- Students in 2 credits will complete 180 or more hours of work and 1 credit will complete 90 or more hours of work at their co-op placement between July 4th and August 12th. Students must complete weekly logs and assignments as part of the program.
- Students are responsible for their own transportation to their summer placements.
Summer Coop Application 2022.docx (only accessible by LKDSB staff)