Course: THJ2O (or THJ3E, THJ4E, THJ3M, THJ4M according to student need or interest), Green Industries with a Horticulture emphasis
Site: Alexander Mackenzie Secondary School (AMSS) or Ridetown District High School (RDHS)
- AMSS - July 5 to 30, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. with 30 minute lunch break
- RDHS - July 5 to August 13, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. except August 2 (Civic Holiday)
Program Description: This program will be experiential in focus. Students can expect to spend most of the course in hands-on horticulture related activities both outside and in the greenhouse. A small amount of course activity will be accessed online from home.
Contact your school guidance counsellor and have the registration
form below completed.
Registration Deadline: June 18, 2021
- The program is conditional on directives from the Ministry of Education and the local health unit.
- Physical distancing will be expected and face masking may be required when physical distancing is not possible.
- Students will be prepared to engage in physical activity in summer weather.
- Students will be respectful of physical distancing and other health and safety protocols.
Required Course Materials:
- Clothing appropriate to the weather and working in the garden.
- Appropriate footwear
- Gardening gloves
- Face mask
- Water and snacks
- Hat and Sunblock