Purpose: The purpose of eLearning – Course Credit Recovery is to give students who have been unsuccessful in a course an opportunity to focus on the big ideas of the course without having to redo the entire course.
Student Criteria: A student must have achieved a mark of less than 50% or a mark of “I" in a course taken in 2020-21 or 2021-22. Credit Recovery is open to students of the LKDSB only.
Format: eLearning, 55 hours of instruction and learning
Dates: July 4 – July 29 (concurrent with other eLearning programs)
- Civcs and Careers: CHV2O, GLC2O
- Geography and History: CGC1D, CGC1P, CHC2D, CHC2P
- English: ENG1D, ENG1P, ENG2D, ENG2P
- Math: MFM1P, MPM1D, MTW1W, MPM2D, MFM2P
- Science: SNC1D, SNC1P, SNC2D, SNC2P
MFM1P is available to students who took MFM1P in 2020-21. MPM1D is available to students who took MPM1D in 2020-21. MTH1W is available to students who took MTH1W in 2021-22
A student may take one or two credit recovery courses.
Student Expectations: Log in daily. 2-3 hours work per day per course.
- Grade 9/10 course – the higher mark of the course upgrade and original course is listed on the transcript
- See your guidance counsellor about enrolling in a course.
- Guidance counselors: When registering a student for Summer eLearning – Credit Recovery in PRISM, select Course Type: Credit Recovery, Semester: Summer - July - eLearning - Credit Recovery, Subject: , Course: , Reason: Upgrading Course or Repeating a Failed Course.
Registration Deadline: Thursday, June 30. Early registration is encouraged to ensure acceptance into the requested program/course.
For more information, see the policies and procedures under eLearning – Full Course