The student engagement team work with students, families, schools, and community orgniazations to maintain student engagement in school or to re-engage students to education programs by addressing barriers to learning.
- work with students, families, and schools where a student demonstrates habitual absence.
- Chatham-Kent: Elisabeth Hoskins
- Sarnia-Lambton: Andy Collins
Student Support Officers:
- provides direct
social support, student advocacy, and community resource assistance to
students for substance abuse and addiction issues, homelessness or risk of homelessness, housing needs, Ontario Works support, legal issues/support, support and encouragement to access mental health resources
- Chatham-Kent: Pam Crete
- Sarnia-Lambton: Brian DeWagner
FNMI Re-Engagement Workers
re-engagement program aimed at First Nations, Metis and Inuit students who have
left or who are planning on leaving the secondary school system and who have
not yet completed all graduation requirements.
- Chatham-Kent: Mary Whiteye
- Sarnia-Lambton: Kaili Clubb