Below are instructions for EXTERNAL Applicants on How to Apply to Positions with the LKDSB:
Step 1: Register
- Go to the Apply to Education website
- Click on Create an Account
- Select your Position Category (e.g. ‘Teachers, Principals & Superintendents’, ‘ECE, EA/TA, ERW, Secretarial, Custodian’ or ‘Management and Professional’)
- Fill out your personal information and create a username and password
- Type the verification code and say ‘YES’ to the terms of agreement and click on the ‘Register’ button
Step 2: Complete an Application
- In order to apply to job posting at LKDSB and make your Portfolio visible, please go to the Purchase Credits section and pay the $13.99 annual fee (external teaching candidates only).
- Once the credit is applied to your account, you are required to complete your Portfolio before applying to any job posting
- You are required to complete your Portfolio before applying to any job posting
Note: You will not be able to proceed with applying to job postings until the following sections are completed in your portfolio: Personal Info, Who Can View My Portfolio, Qualifications, Experience, References, Resume, Cover Letter and Supporting Documents.
Step 3: Apply to a Posting
- Click on the Position name for a posting you wish to apply to
- Scroll to the bottom of the posting and answer any job related questions
- Click the Apply button
Note: You can upload a resume and cover letter specific to the posting before you click the Apply button. Once a posting has closed, you will not be able to update your application and/or uploaded documents.
Searching Job Postings and Sign Up for Job Alerts
- Log into your account
- Under the Job Postings tab, click on Search Jobs
- Click the + sign to the Left of Ontario and then scroll down to South West
- Check mark the white box for Lambton Kent District School Board
- Click Yes to receive Job Alerts and then name your Job Alert (e.g. LKDSB)
- Click Search to complete this process
How Do I know I Have Applied Successfully?
You will receive 3 Confirmations of your application:
- A pop up advising you have applied successfully
- An email confirmation that you have applied
- The Job will appear in your Job Application Log under the Job Postings tab
- If you forgot your username and/or password, click on ‘Forgot Your Login?’
- Your details will be emailed to you