Attention Students attending LKCS in September 2021
We have created a google classroom for you to engage in some transition fun and learning about our school. If you have registered for LKCS for September 2021 and want in on the fun, email firstname.lastname@example.org to get the code to the classroom. We are excited for you to join the LKCS Family!
- LKCS is located in School Bus Zone 6
- Our school colours are red and black
- LKCS offers an extensive Breakfast program for all students in Room 113 (SLC) before school and at first break
- Our cafeteria opens for students at lunch time, one food item special is offered Tues/Wed/Thurs most weeks
- LKCS does daily announcements when students can learn about important reminders, lunch details and fun activities
- You will have your locker assigned at registration or the first day of school, it's yours for the duration of your time at LKCS - Locks are provided
Students can register online or in person one week prior to the first day of school. More information will be mailed to you in July. Registration fees you may be asked to pay include:
- Student Activity Fees
- Phys Ed Uniforms
- Graduation Fee
- Course Fees (classroom consumables that vary by subject)
We use school cash online to accept registration fees, field trips and other payments you may make to the school. Closer to the start of school you can sign up for school cash online by visiting this link.
Community Service Hours
Did you know, students must complete 40 hours of community involvement in order to graduate? Students are eligible to begin completing these hours as soon as they officially graduate grade 8! Consider using the summer before Grade 9 starts to find ways to volunteer in our community. We have lots of community events and organizations that could use your help! Click here to view the requirements and/or download a tracking form
LKCS Student Success TeamOur Student Success Team works with students, parents and teachers to ensure that a plan is put in place for each student to work toward achieving their credits. Student success strategies may include extra help sessions, alternative work space, credit recover or credit rescue initiatives. Students may be approached by members of this team during the course of the school year as an extra support. Many of the student success strategies are available to all students, listen to announcements for these opportunities.
Student Learning Centre
The SLC is open to all students who require extra assistance in any subject area, or an alternative space to work. Students with an Individual Education Plan will meet with the Resource Teacher to review and discuss their IEP annually. If you have any questions regarding an IEP, please contact Amanda.Leidl@lkdsb.net