What is a Student Trustee?
The primary role of the Student Trustee is to bring a student voice to the Board of Trustees table. Three Student Trustee serve on the Lambton Kent District School Board.
One Student Trustee is:
- elected from secondary schools in Sarnia Lambton;
- elected from secondary schools in Chatham-Kent; and
- elected by self-identified LKDSB Indigenous students to serve as the Indigenous Student Trustee.
Student Trustees will:
- attend all Board Meetings ;
- be seated at the Board table and be able to participate in all Board deliberations within the public domain as well as provide input;
- be entitled to have their non-binding vote recorded in the Board Minutes if they request it;
- be able to introduce agenda items as per the Board’s Procedural By-laws;
- be reimbursed for transportation costs to and from Board Meetings, and for other eligible expenses incurred in the performance of their duties according to Board Regulations R-BU-502.
- be entitled to the same professional development budget as elected Trustees.
Student Trustees will receive an honorarium in the amount of $2,500.00 as outlined in the Ministry of Education Regulation 07/07.
Interested in Becoming a Member?
If you are a secondary school student and interested in being a Student Trustee for the next school year, please speak
with your Principal or Vice-Principal. Application packages must be submitted to the Director of Education by January 31.
Student Trustee Policies - P-AD-123