Grade 8 to 9 Transition Process
Throughout the Grade 8 year, students will have opportunities to take part in various Transition activities that can include:
- Participation as guests at school activities
- Orientation visits for whole feeder schools
- Individual student tours
- IPRC Process
- Open House Night
New Students Grade 9 - 12
welcome you to our school! In order to get registered and set up with a
timetable, contact the school to arrange an appointment with the vice
- Bring the students
Birth certificate or Passport & Proof of Residency (any household
bill with address – Drivers licences will not count)
- If transferring from another high school bring in a recent record of all high school courses taken
registration is complete, student services will build a timetable and
you will be contacted when it is ready to begin school
students who have IEP's, meetings will be scheduled through the
resource department and communicated with parents. Follow up may occur
based on recommendations during the IPRC process.
Booking Individual Student Tours
you are unable to attend the public Open House evenings or Orientation
days, please contact the Student Service office to book an individual
student tour. 519-336-6131 ext. 12230
School Event Calendar for Transition
- Student Services representatives will be visiting feeder school students in their grade 8 classrooms in early January 2018.
- Grade 7/8 Parent's Night will take place at GLSS on either Tuesday January 16, 2018 or Thursday January 18, 2018 (Information will be distributted soon to grade 8 teachers).
- Grade 8 Tour Day for all incoming students on Tuesday, February 27, 2018.