Make Learning a Priority
- Ask your child on a regular basis to share with you the events and
activities of the school day.
- Ensure your child attends classes on a regular basis and is punctual and
well prepared for each school day.
- Read to your child daily and for older students encourage them to read
- Provide a quiet, well-equipped location in your home for your child to
- Help your child set goals at the beginning of each school term. Make sure
learning goals are specific and visible. Celebrate success when goals are
- Whenever possible attend school activities such as open houses, parent /
teacher interviews, School Council meetings and special events. When your child
sees you involved, they will see education as a high priority.
- Try to make early and positive contact with your child's teacher and get in
touch whenever you have questions about your child's program or progress.