Welcome to Our High School
Grade 8 to 9 Transition Process
Throughout the Grade 8 year, students will have opportunities to take part in various Transition activities that can include:
- Participation as guests at school activities
- Individual student tours
- IPRC Process
- Grade 8 Open House Night for potential students and their families – November
- Grade 8 Open House for feeder schools - January
Click here for more information about Grade 8 to 9 Transitions!
New / Transfer Students Grade 9 - 12
Welcome to Alexander Mackenzie Secondary School. In order to get registered and set up with a timetable, contact the school to arrange an appointment with the Vice Principal.
- The student's Birth Certificate or Passport
- Proof of Residency (Any household bill displaying your address – Driver's Licenses cannot be accepted)
- If transferring from another high school, bring in a summary of all secondary school credits earned. Please have the school you are transferring from complete a transfer request. This requires an administrator's signature
- Any supporting documents such as an IEP & Psychoeducational Assessment
- Once registration is complete, Student Services will build a timetable and you will be contacted with start date information
For students who have IEPs, meetings will be scheduled through the Resource Department and information communicated with parents. Follow up may occur based on recommendations made during the IPRC process.
Booking Individual Student Tours
Please contact Student Services to book an individual student tour. 519-542-5505 Ext: 11131