On behalf of the Trustees of the Lambton Kent District School Board (LKDSB), community organizations/associations are invited to submit a letter of application nominating an individual (and one alternate) to serve on the Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) for a four-year period, beginning February 2019.
SEAC is a statutory committee of the Board providing advice about special education programs and services available to students of the LKDSB.
From the nominations received, up to 12 representatives (and their alternates) from "Local Associations", up to 3 "Members at large", and 1 member of the First Nations, Metis, or Inuit (FNMI) pupils (and their alternate member) are selected to serve on SEAC. Representatives and alternates must be Canadian citizens at least 18 years of age, a resident of Chatham-Kent or Sarnia/Lambton, and qualified to vote for Trustees of the LKDSB.
A Local Association is an association or organization of parents/guardians that operates within the area of the LKDSB that is affiliated with an association/organization that:
- is incorporated;
- operates throughout Ontario;
- furthers the interests and well-being of one or more groups of exceptional children or adults; and,
- does not represent professional educators.
Members at Large:
A Member at Large has an interest in special education but does not fully meet the criteria above. Members at Large may not be members of the Board or a member of another Committee of the Board. LKDSB employees are not eligible for membership.
The SEAC meets approximately 10 times during the school year. Generally, meetings are held on the third Thursday of the month from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Meetings are typically held at Wallaceburg District Secondary School, but may be held via video-conference between the Sarnia Education Centre and the Chatham Regional Education Centre, if necessary.
Submitting an Application:
- Complete the attached nomination form; and
- Submit, on letterhead, the names of the individual nominated by the organization/association to serve as the representative and the alternate members and provide information regarding how each individual represents the interests and well-being of exceptional children and/or adults.
- The nomination form, together with the letter, must be received by 4:00 p.m. November 23, 2018.
- Please submit by email to the Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent of Education - Special Education at: email@example.com.
Further details are available by contacting Lori Gall at 519-336-1500, Ext. 31495, or 1-800-754-7125, Ext. 31495.