King George VI Public School officially opened January 18th, 1949.
& Herridge Construction Company of Sarnia built the school. The
first principal of King George VI Public was Murray Merritt.
In 1959 a new addition doubled the size of the school. The principal in 1959 was Harry Easun.
The King George VI school teams go by the name "Kings" and their gym is known as the "King Dome".
was featured in several of the school's earlier uniform sets.
The school motto "Conari Numquam Tradere" means "Never Quit Trying".
"Encouraging success in a world of change, challenge and exciting opportunity"
The school colours are navy blue and gold.