Purpose: The purpose of the
school council is, through active participation of parents, to improve
pupil achievement and to enhance the accountability of the education
system to parents.
Meetings: The group usually meets four times a year in our
Resource Room. Meetings start at 6:00 p.m. and lasts approx. 1 hour. All parents are welcome to attend and participate in meetings.
2019 - 2020 Members
Current Parent Council Members: Co Chair: Mandy Wright, Co Chair: Seanna Pickard,
Secretary: Laurie Webb, Jaimie Verhoeven, Tarin Oxley, Erica Annett, Jenn Bullick
Hot Lunch Coordinator: Kelly Cassell
Milk Coordinator: Brenda O'Connor/Janice Morrison
Principal: Janice Morrison
All parents are welcome to attend and provide input at Parent Council meetings
2018 – 2019 Accomplishments:
Discussed EQAO Results, LKDSB Engagement Model, LKDSB Mobile App, etc.
- Hot Lunches on Fridays
- Sponsored bus transportation to sports events and field trips
- Classroom Enhancements
- Christmas Dinner for all students and staff
- Organized Fundraising throughout the year
- Grade 8 Graduation 2019
- Sponsored new iPads & Cases
- Sponsored bus transportation up to $300.00 per class for field trips