School buses in Zones 1-7 are cancelled today (Tuesday, Feb. 2) due to inclement weather. School buses in Zone 8 are running as normal.
All elementary schools are open to students.
Reminder: If buses are cancelled for the bus zone in which the school is located, all Lambton Kent District School Board (LKDSB) secondary students who attend that school will engage in remote learning on that day. See more information here.
Therefore, all LKDSB secondary students attending the following secondary schools, regardless of whether they ride a bus to school or not, will engage in one-day remote, teacher-led virtual learning today (Feb. 2) and the secondary school will be closed to students for in-person learning.
List of secondary schools:
- Alexander Mackenzie Secondary School
- Blenheim District High School
- Great Lakes Secondary School
- Lambton Central Collegiate & Vocational Institute
- Lambton Kent Composite School
- North Lambton Secondary School
- Northern Collegiate Institute & Vocational School
- Ridgetown District High School
- Tilbury District High School
- Wallaceburg District Secondary School
All secondary teachers have been asked to develop an online presence to facilitate student learning. On bus cancellation dates, secondary students will receive instructions about their transition to remote, teacher-led virtual learning as per their typical means of communication.
If you have a specific question about your child, please contact your school principal. Visit the CLASS website or download the MySBI app for school bus updates.