DISCONTINUATION OF KIDS PLUS™ ACCIDENT INSURANCE PROGRAM
This is to inform you that the Kids Plus™ Accident Insurance Program will be discontinued effective with the 2019-2020 school year.
iA Financial Group (distributor of Kids Plus™) has stated that all policies currently in force for the 2018-2019 school year will remain in force until expiry on September 30, 2019. As of June 1, 2019, no new applications for this policy year will be accepted.
All claims that are currently being processed and any future claims received (provided that the accident occurred prior to or on September 30, 2019) will be honoured in accordance to the policy specifications.
2019/2020 insuremykids® STUDENT ACCIDENT INSURANCE
Effective August 1, 2019, Student Accident Insurance will be available to voluntarily purchase through insuremykids®. They offer three plans: Platinum @$33/year (most comprehensive plan with out-of province emergency medical benefits and their highest benefit limits); Gold @$25/year (mid-range choice for great coverage at affordable rates); Silver @$13/year (offers families essential coverage at their most affordable rates). Additional program highlights are:
- All plans offer 24/7 coverage and are available for ages 26 and under.
- For ages 21 or over, travel benefits are not available and some benefits are limited.
- Special rates for families with 3 or more children
- 3-year and 5-year rates available; allow parents to lock-in current year’s rates (protects against premium increases).
- Simple enrolment and claim process – online www.insuremykids.com mail or fax. A user friendly website allows parents to purchase directly online, download a policy or claim form, or obtain answers to frequently asked questions – all 24/7.
- Application brochures will be sent home in early September 2019.