Welcome to Gregory Drive Public
School. It is our
hope that the information that we post in this area will be of
assistance in helping you to support your child in their academic
Research has clearly shown that students do better in school when
their parents are involved and supportive.
Thank you for your interest and support in your child’s education.
When schools and parents work together students benefit greatly.
Here are some ways that you can assist your child:
Make Learning a Priority
- Ask your child on a regular basis to share with you the
events and activities of the school day.
- Ensure your child attends classes on a regular basis and is
punctual and well prepared for each school day.
- Read to your child daily and for older students encourage
them to read daily.
- Provide a quiet, well-equipped location in your home for
your child to complete homework.
- Help your child set goals at
the beginning of each school term.
Make sure learning goals are specific and visible.
Celebrate success when goals are achieved.
- Whenever possible attend
school activities such as open houses, parent / teacher
interviews, School Council meetings and special events.
When your child sees you involved, they will see education as a
- Try to make early and positive contact with your child's
teacher and get in touch whenever you have questions about your
child's program or progress.