This is a reminder that all schools and board offices under the jurisdiction of the Lambton Kent District School Board are closed from March 23 to April 5, 2020.
As you are aware, the Ontario Minister of Education ordered all Ontario schools to be closed from March 14 to April 5, 2020, in response to the emergence in Ontario of COVID-19. This decision is a proactive measure by the Government of Ontario to support the health and well-being of Ontarians. The health and safety of our students, staff and extended families is a top priority for the LKDSB.
As a reminder, if you have returned to Canada from travel (including the United States) in the last 14 days, you need to self-isolate at home. It is recommended that those who have been exposed to those who have travelled also respect the 14-day period after March Break by not putting themselves in a position to contract or spread COVID-19. Everyone else is asked to continue to practice social distancing. Being diligent with these measures will support the goal of flattening the curve and supporting the health and safety of school communities when they reopen.
The LKDSB continues to gather information and will follow directions from the Ministry of Education, local and provincial public health officials, the Public Health Agency of Canada and our Pandemic Influenza Protocol/Plan regarding the plan for the return to school after April 5. The LKDSB will provide updates as soon as new information becomes available.
All schools received a deep cleaning this week and the LKDSB will continue to follow its regular practice of exercising high standards of cleanliness in its facilities.
Information regarding student programming scheduled March 23-April 5
- Some teaching staff may use their online learning tools to support student learning (Note: This would not be part of any student assessment). Planning has begun to provide continuity of learning and further communication will follow in the coming days and weeks.
- All standardized testing has been cancelled (OSSLT and EQAO) for this school year. It will not impede student graduation.
- There has been no decision about whether the school year would be extended.
- All field trips scheduled in March and April are cancelled. Further communications will be provided by your school.
- All LKSSAA activities, including games, tournaments and practices, have been postponed until further notice.
Information regarding Daycares and Community Use of Schools
- School-based day cares are closed from March 14 to April 5, 2020. Further communication will be provided by individual childcare operators.
- Community Use of Schools is cancelled March 14-April 5. Please refer to CLASS for further information.
The LKDSB will continue to post information from the Ontario Chief Medical Officer of Health and Chatham-Kent and Lambton Public Health regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) on the Board and school websites to inform school communities as it becomes available.
All updates regarding COVID-19 will be posted on the LKDSB website here.
For further information and the most up-to-date announcements regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19), please visit:
We appreciate your ongoing support in promoting the overall health and well-being of students and staff.
Please visit the LKDSB website (www.lkdsb.net) regularly for up-to-date information.
Director of Education