As you are aware, the Ontario Minister of Education announced that schools will remain closed to students for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. As such, all Lambton Kent District School Board (LKDSB) schools will remain closed to students until the end of June.
Following this announcement, the LKDSB has been working with school staff and local Medical Officers of Health to develop a plan for access to student personal belongings beginning June 8, 2020 on Monday-Thursday from 1-4 p.m. The safety and well-being of students, staff and families is paramount for the LKDSB. As such, the following protocol for the retrieval of student belongings has been approved by the Medical Officers of Health for Chatham-Kent and Sarnia- Lambton.
Parents/guardians and student(s) who have not been travelling outside Canada within 14 days, are not ill with respiratory illness or COVID-19 symptoms and are not quarantined or in self- isolation, and have completed the Covid-19 Self -Assessment below can request access from their School Principal to visit the school to recover their items. COVID-19 Self-Assessment can be found at COVID-19 Self Assessment
Please review the following protocol for accessing your child’s belongings from the school they attend:
We are happy to welcome our Lakeroad students, along with a single parent or guardian back into our school during this retrieval process.
Sign-up for a timeslot to retrieve student items: Lakeroad School Access Booking
Please note the following access protocols:
Note: Access will be limited to a maximum number of families per 15-minute block, at any given time. Larger families who may require more than 15 minutes to retrieve items should contact the school principal.
All visitors to the school must have set-up their pre-arranged time slot by using online means and passed the Provincial online COVID-19 Self-Assessment before entry.
Please bring your own bags to carry student belongings.
Each person must enter and exit the building at separate times through the designated door(s) (Main East Entrance) and be noted on the log-in sheet as supervised by the School Administrator or designate.
Due to current Provincial restrictions on Access to School Buildings - along with local Public Health guidelines – unscheduled or random visitors can not be allowed entry to our building sites. Any concerns about building entry should be directed to the school Principal.
- At all times while in the building visitors must practice safe physical distancing of staying at least 2 meters (six feet) away from all other people, excepting their own family members.
- Scheduled visitors are required to utilize the hand sanitizing station located just inside the designated entry door. Visitors may wear any other personal protective gear that they may have – such as gloves or masks.
- All visitors must check in with the school administrator or designate upon entry and exit. Families are limited to a 15-minute time block to retrieve their student belonging.
- Please use only the designated entrance (Main East Entrance) for entering and leaving the building.
Return of School Items
- Families are able to hold on to loaned LKDSB IT devices until there is a return to face-to-face learning. For Grade 12 graduates and non-returning students, further communication will be provided for those families.
- A table will be provided for the return of LKDSB property such as textbooks, library books or technology.
For up-to-date COVID-19 information, Learn at Home resources, community supports and mental health resources and supports, visit the LKDSB website.
Should you have any further questions, please contact us at Lakeroad, 519-542-5771.
Lakeroad School Principal