The Lambton Kent District School Board does not provide coverage to students for accidents occurring at school or during school activities (i.e. athletics, field trips, etc.). For your convenience, the Board has made arrangements for families wishing to voluntarily purchase student accident insurance. Plans are available through the Kids Plus™ Accident Insurance program, underwritten by Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services Inc (iA Financial Group). More information about the plans is available at: http://www.lkdsb.net/Board/Community/StudentAccidentInsurance/Pages/default.aspx
Kids Plus™ Accident Insurance
Kids Plus™ Accident Insurance provides protection against unexpected costs arising from accidental injuries. The program is especially valuable for families who:
- do not have medical or dental plans,
- have limited plans, as it may help supplement health and dental benefits, or
- have active children who enjoy sports and outdoor activities.
Kids Plus™ Accident Insurance has a selection of plans to suit most budgets.
Benefits include coverage for:
- The full school year (September to September), 24 hours a day, while at home and in school;
- Expenses that are often limited or not covered by private or group insurance plans, or Provincial Health Insurance Plans, such as ambulance, physiotherapy, private tutoring, counselling, and much more;
- Injury-related dental treatment (including future dental treatment up to age 26);
- Out-of-province or country emergency medical expenses.
If your address changes during the school year, your Kids Plus™ Accident Insurance plan is transferable from school to school, anywhere in Canada.
Insurance premiums for children (6 months to 19 years of age) are $14.50 or $33.50 per year, depending on the plan selected. A discount is available for families with 3 or more children. Adults age 20 to 64 can also be insured for $32.00 per year. Purchasers will receive a copy of the policy once their application has been processed.
Note: Foreign exchange students, international students attending school in Canada, and Canadian residents attending school outside of Canada are not eligible to apply.
For more information or to apply online, please visit www.kidsplus.ca, email email@example.com or speak with a Kids Plus™ Client Service Administrator at 1-800-556-7411.