Lambton Centennial School Messenger – June 1, 2020
Subject: Important Update Regarding Retrieval of Student Belongings
As you are aware, the Ontario Minister of Education announced that schools will remain closed to students for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. As such, all Lambton Kent District School Board (LKDSB) schools will remain closed to students until the end of June.
Following this announcement, the LKDSB has been working with school staff and local Medical Officers of Health to develop a plan for access to student personal belongings beginning June 8, 2020 on Monday-Thursday from 1-4 p.m. The safety and well-being of students, staff and families is paramount for the LKDSB. As such, the following protocol for the retrieval of student belongings has been approved by the Medical Officers of Health for Chatham-Kent and Sarnia-Lambton.
Parents/guardians and student(s) who have not been travelling outside Canada within 14 days, are not ill with respiratory illness or COVID-19 symptoms and are not quarantined or in self-isolation, and have completed the Covid-19 Self -Assessment below can request access from their School Principal to visit the school to recover their items. Click here to complete the COVID-19 Self-Assessment.
Please review the following protocol for accessing your child's belongings from the school they attend:
Sign-up for a timeslot to retrieve student items by clicking here: Student Item Retrieval
Please note the following access protocols:
- Note: Access will be limited to a maximum of 2 families per 15-minute block, at any given time. Larger families who may require more than 15 minutes to retrieve items should contact the school principal.
- All visitors to the school must have set-up their pre-arranged time slot by using online means and passed the Provincial online COVID-19 Self-Assessment before entry.
- Each person must enter and exit the building at separate times through the front lobby doors and be noted on the log-in sheet as supervised by the School Administrator or designate.
- Due to current Provincial restrictions on Access to School Buildings - along with local Public Health guidelines – unscheduled or random visitors can not be allowed entry to our building sites. Any concerns about building entry should be directed to the school Principal.
- At all times while in the building visitors must practice safe physical distancing of staying at least 2 meters (six feet) away from all other people, excepting their own family members.
- Scheduled visitors are required to utilize the hand sanitizing station located just inside the designated entry door. Visitors may wear any other personal protective gear that they may have – such as gloves or masks.
- All visitors must check in with the school administrator or designate upon entry and exit.
- Families are limited to a 15-minute time block to retrieve their student belongings.
- Please use only the designated entrance for entering and leaving the building (front lobby doors).
- Please bring your own bags and knapsacks for carrying student belongings away.
- Please park one car space away from each other if possible.
- There will be no access to water fountains or washroom facilities in the school.
- Please observe the safe distance spacing as indicated by the safety cones at the buildings entrance while waiting to check in.
- The monitored entrance check-off sheet will be located in the front lobby – for both entrance and exit.
- Parent/guardian accompaniment of the student is required to their classrooms for grades K-3 and is recommended for grades 4-8.
- Caution against socializing with staff while on site, and a reminder of maintaining a physical distance of two metres at all times and follow normal hand hygiene and cough etiquette.
Return of School Items
Families are able to maintain loaned LKDSB IT devices until there is a return to face-to-face learning. For Grade 12 graduates and non-returning students, further communication will be provided for those families.
A table will be provided for the return of LKDSB property such as textbooks, library books or technology.
Additional information is provided on the school website by clicking here.
For up-to-date COVID-19 information, Learn at Home resources, community supports and mental health resources and supports, visit the LKDSB website.
Should you have any further questions, please contact Lambton Centennial School.
Lambton Centennial School