JOHN MCGREGOR SECONDARY SCHOOL
JUNE 2017 – SEMESTER 2 EXAM SCHEDULE
EXAM DATE TIME
PERIOD 1 THURSDAY JUNE 22 11:30 am
PERIOD 2 FRIDAY JUNE 23 8:15 am
PERIOD 3 MONDAY JUNE 26 8:15 am
ELEARNING (On-line) MONDAY JUNE 26 11:30 am
PERIOD 4 TUESDAY JUNE 27 8:15 am
Bus cancellation back-up date is Wednesday, June 28th
Revised Schedule for Thursday June 22nd
Homeroom 8:02 - 8:05
Period 1 8:05 - 8:40
Break 8:40 - 8:45
Period 2 8:45 - 9:20
Break 9:20 - 9:30
Period 3 9:30 - 10:05
Break 10:05 - 10:10
Period 4 10:10 - 10:45
LUNCH 10:45 - 11:25
PEROD 1 EXAM 11:30
- Students will not be required to be at school after 10:45 am on Thursday June 22nd unless the student has a Period 1 exam scheduled at 11:30. Non-exam bus students who remain at school need to be out of the halls and in the cafeteria.
- All exams will be written in the room where the subject is normally taught unless otherwise instructed.
- Buses will run at the usual time, 2:10 to 2:40 pm. Bus students may want to make alternative arrangements for transportation home during exams.
- Make sure all textbooks, Library books, equipment/uniforms are returned prior to writing exams.
- Students absent from an exam due to illness or other unavoidable reason should have their parents call the school prior to the time scheduled for the exam. A medical certificate or a reason acceptable to the principal must be provided or a mark of zero will be given for an exam not written. Students may not miss exams due to holidays and/or work commitments.
- Students are to initial beside their name on the attendance sheet.
- All students must remain in the exam room for a minimum of 1¼ hours.
- When students have finished writing an exam they must not loiter in the hallways. They are to go to the cafeteria or leave the school.
- Cafeteria food service will be closed after June 22, 2017.
- Length of exams: Grade 9 and 10 – Maximum 2 hours Grade 11 and 12 – Maximum 2½ hours
- Exam Review Thursday June 29th 9am – 11am as per the exam pick up schedule that will be posted around the school.