JOHN MCGREGOR SECONDARY SCHOOL
January 2020 Exam Schedule
Exam Date Time
Period 1 Friday January 24 8:15 am
Period 2 Monday January 27 8:15 am
Period 3 Tuesday January 28 8:15 am
Period 4 Wednesday January 29 8:15 am
Exam Cancellation Day Thursday January 30 TBD based on need – students should be available to write exams on this day if needed.
LKDSB eLearning Exams are now non-proctored and will take place from
Friday, January 24th, 2020 at 8:30 am until Monday, January 27th, 2020 at 2:00pm
Information for Students
• Students will not be required to be at school after dismissal on Thursday January 23rd, unless the student has an exam during the schedule posted above.
• All exams will be written in the room where the subject is normally taught unless otherwise instructed.
• Buses will run at the usual times during exams. Bus students may want to make alternative arrangements for transportation home during exams.
• Make sure all textbooks, Library books, equipment/uniforms are returned prior to writing exams.
• Students absent from an exam due to illness or other unavoidable reason should have their parents call the school prior to the time scheduled for the exam. A medical certificate or a reason acceptable to the principal must be provided or a mark of zero will be given for an exam not written. Students may not miss exams due to holidays and/or work commitments.
• Students are to initial beside their name on the attendance sheet.
• All students must remain in the exam room for a minimum of 1¼ hours.
• When students have finished writing an exam they must not loiter in the hallways. They are to go to the cafeteria or leave the school.
• Cafeteria food service will be closed after Thursday January 23rd.
• Length of exams: Grade 9 and 10 – Maximum 2 hours Grade 11 and 12 – Maximum 2½ hours
• Exam Review will be announced at the beginning of the semester 2.
Semester 2 Classes commence Monday February 3, 2020. All students are expected to be in attendance.