Course: THJ2O, Green Industries with a Horticulture emphasis
Dates: June 29 to August 7 (except July 1), 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Site: Ridgetown District High School
Program Description: This program will be experiential in focus. Students can expect to spend most of the course in hands-on horticulture related activities both outside and in the greenhouse. Some of the activities may take place at Naahii Ridge Elementary School or the University of Guelph arboretum. A small amount of course activity will be accessed online from home.
Contact your school guidance counsellor and have the registration
form below completed.
Registration Deadline: June 19, 2020
- The program is conditional on directives from the Ministry of Education and the local health unit.
- Physical distancing will be expected and face masking may be required when physical distancing is not possible.
- Students will be prepared to engage in physical activity in summer weather.
- Students will be respectful of physical distancing and other health and safety protocols.
Required Course Materials:
- Clothing appropriate to the weather and working in the garden.
- Gardening gloves
- Home-made face mask
- Water and snacks
- Hat and Sunblock