Chair: Melissa Jansen
Secretary: Lyndsay Davidson
Teacher: Gwendolyn Bombardier & Teresa Thomas
Principal: Tracy VanDenBossche
School Council Mandate
councils are advisory groups that are mandated and regulated by the
Ministry of Education through the Education Act. Members represent
the school community and include parents, staff and community
Home & School Association
Who are the Members of the Home & School Association?
We are a non-profit, self-directed volunteer organization.
What is Our Mission Statement?
Our Home and School Association is one where everyone looks beyond
themselves and is committed to contributing as a whole, supporting
each other with trust, kindness and integrity in the pursuit of “The
Best for Each Student”.
Who is the Home & School Association?
We are parents of children at Merlin Area Public School. We want the
best for our children and are willing to work with the staff and
with other parents to achieve this.
Why should you become a member?
Your membership gives your family:
- An understanding of how our school works
- The opportunity to achieve the best learning environment for
- A say in how Home & School funds are spent
- The chance to share ideas and concerns with other parents
Your involvement in the Home and School:
- Will help you learn about the school issues and policies
that may affect your child
- Will show your child’s teacher you are interested in your
- Will show your child the benefits of sharing and working
- Memberships are available at meetings or by visiting the
office and completing an application form, adding the membership
fee. The cost is $15.00 per family per year.
- Visit us often at the Merlin Area Public School website for
upcoming Home & School events and news.
What you can do as a Home and School member:
- Support our efforts to make Merlin Area Public School a
positive learning environment
- Help with our fundraising, either through volunteering or
- Offer your time or talents by volunteering. Volunteering is
a special gift you can give your children and VOLUNTEERS ARE
- Join us at our meetings. Share your thoughts with other
parents and staff