Information for Parents
Welcome to the Lambton Kent District School Board.
It is our hope that the information that we post in this
area will be of assistance in helping you to support your child in
their academic endeavours. Research has clearly shown that students
do better in school when their parents are involved and supportive.
Thank you for your interest and support in your child’s education.
When schools and parents work together students benefit greatly.
Here are some ways that you can assist your child:
Make Learning a Priority
- Ask your child on a regular basis to share with you the events and activities of the school day.
- Ensure your child attends classes on a regular basis and is punctual and well prepared for each school day.
- Read to your child daily and for older students encourage them to read daily.
- Provide a quiet, well-equipped location in your home for your child to complete homework.
- Help your child set goals at the beginning of each school term. Make sure learning goals are specific and visible. Celebrate success when goals are
- Whenever possible attend school activities such as open houses, parent / teacher interviews, School Council meetings and special events. When
your child sees you involved, they will see education as a high priority.
- Try to make early and positive contact with your child's teacher and get in touch
whenever you have questions about your child's program or progress.